March 12, 2007

"Give me a moon story"

I have found the Writer's Book of Days to be a helpful writing aide. The prompts are specific enough to provide a direction and focus, but elliptical enough to let one's mind wander into unexpected territory. I sometimes use the book to come up with new plot points in my novel revision. But tonite I opened it, resolving to write something new. I have a little project in mind, the details of which I won't reveal here, but which I hope to see to fruition in the next few months. This will involve writing two new stories. So, I decided to take the prompt for today, "Give me a moon story," and try to fashion a new story for said project. I've also decided to post bits of it, just for the hell of it. So here is the first bit (of what I've typed, not what I've written, as a I like to write in longhand (okay, sorry that link was totally a joke)). I'm trying out Google documents. So follow this link, or the one in the side bar to read it. Enjoy.

No comments: