March 05, 2007

first job interview

Well, tomorrow I go on my first job interview of my post-PhD life. I am feeling quite jittery, probably needlessly, but jittery nonetheless. The silly thing is that the interview is for a 16 hour/week position in a library that is nearly 25 miles away. The library's building reminds me of the George Reynolds Branch in Boulder. I am a bit worried about working in a such a small library, being used to a (relatively) bustling central branch. I was reading on the library's website that issuing library cards can be quite complex, even to the point of involving a statistical map and tax tables. Well, I'll get to enjoy a nice long train ride if nothing else. Oh, I could, however, get an associates degree and be a "library technical assistant." Did you know such a thing even existed? I did not.

No comments: